Thank you for your interest in working with Global Growers. We currently have 1 job opportunity:
Bookkeeping & Finance Consultant
About Global Growers:
Global Growers Network is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that connects American and international farmers living in Georgia to sustainable agriculture, by growing good food, training farmers, and creating economic opportunities.
- Maintain financial records and manage all accounting functions for organizational budget and produce sales
- Bookkeeping: accounts receivable, accounts payable, disbursements, cash management, journal entries, bank deposits, payroll, bank reconciliation, budget reports, and cash flow projection
- Produce monthly financial reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors/Finance Committee
- Provide financial data and reports for funders (e.g., government agencies, foundations). Ensure grant funding and compliance, including allocations as necessary per restricted funding streams.
- File quarterly sales tax. Prepare information for annual 990 filing, liaising with Accountant. Schedule and manage annual audit.
- Liaise with Executive Director to develop financial models and projections
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures, including working with other staff members to collect necessary reporting information
This is an annual contract position of approximately 6-8 hours per week with compensation of $20 per hour. Deliverables are set by and reported to the Executive Director. One day per week in-office work required, plus one monthly off-site meeting with Finance Committee.
- Proven work experience (minimum three years) in bookkeeping and financial management, including accounting best practices
- Proficiency in Quickbooks (PC desktop version), Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets
- Experience with nonprofit grants management (including federal/government funding)
- Experience with managing multiple earned-income revenue streams
- Attention to detail, ability to manage schedule, and prioritize workload
- Preferred: familiarity with local foods markets